Protecting your privacy is important to Tireland. The purpose of this Policy is to explain how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you may provide to us while using our Website and is meant to comply with Canadian federal and provincial privacy laws. This Policy does not apply to information about Tireland employees or its suppliers. Tireland pledge not to share, sell or distribute in any way personal or financial information of our clients or those who otherwise provide personal information with any third parties otherwise than as set out further in this document.
1) Acceptance: Tireland provides this Website subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of use as well as this policy. By accessing and using this Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in these documents. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use the features of this Website. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and without prior notice. The date of the version of this Policy is stated at the top of the page. Please review this Policy periodically. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of changes to this policy will mean that you accept those changes. We recommend that you print a copy of this Policy for your records.
3) Consent: Your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information must be manifest, free and enlightened. It must be given for specific purposes. Depending on the nature and sensitivity of your personal information, your consent can be express and positive ( express and positive consent may be oral, in writing or electronic ) or implied ( such as providing information voluntarily ). Generally, Tireland will seek your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection, except as required or in cases authorized by law. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and a reasonable notice. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, Tireland may not be able to provide you with certain products or services and your access to our website could be affected.
4) Collection of your personal information: Tireland only collects personal information about you that is necessary for the purposes of establishing, managing and maintaining our relationship with you. For example, personal information may be collected when you subscribe to receive our newsletter, participate in sweepstakes or contests, submit questions, comments or suggestions, take part in online surveys or product evaluations, contribute to our blog and participate in other online interactive activities, and may include, but is not restricted to, identification information such as your first name and last name ( or if provided, those of your children), your date of birth, your home address, your telephone number, your email address , your favorite products and your preferred store. Generally, we will obtain your personal information directly from you. However, we may also collect personal information about you from outside sources with your consent, without your consent if the law so authorizes.
5) Communication of your personal information: Tireland recognizes that, except in the cases and under the conditions described hereinafter, the communication of your personal information requires your consent when your personal information is communicated to a third person. Access within Tireland does not require your consent, but is strictly limited to the persons for whom such information is necessary for the performance of their functions and duties. Tireland may also share your personal information, without your consent, with agents, mandataries, consultants, data processors, service providers and other parties who require such information in connection with Tireland's activities or to assist Tireland with administering our business relationship (assisting with promotions, providing technical assistance for the website, etc.) Such agents, mandataries, consultants, data processors, service providers and other parties will contractually guarantee to Tireland that they will use your personal information exclusively to provide specific services and that they will keep it confidential in accordance with this policy and return it to Tireland once the service has been provided, without keeping any copy. Tireland may also, without your consent, communicate your personal information contained in a file it holds on you as authorized or required by law. Please note that in the event that the third party to whom Tireland discloses personal information about you (or your children) is located in a foreign jurisdiction, local laws may otherwise allow your personal information to be accessed by third parties without your consent. Tireland will destroy, erase or make anonymous your personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes, legitimate business purposes or legislative requirements.
6) Complaint procedure and access, rectification or destruction requests: All questions or concerns regarding this Policy or about the collection, use and disclosure or your personal information, including request for access or rectification, should be made in writing to: Tireland 9000 Saint-Laurent Blvd., H2N 1M7 You have the right to consult and obtain communication of your personal information, which is contained in a file held by Tireland. You can also request that information which is inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal be rectified, and that information no longer authorized by you be deleted and destroyed and that information not justified by the purpose of the file or not authorized by law be deleted. Tireland will respond to every request for access, rectification or destruction within 30 days of receiving the written request. In the event that Tireland cannot provide access to, rectify or destroy your personal information, it will inform you of the reasons why and will provide you with any recourse available.
7) Declaration: By continuing to use the Tireland website, you indicate that you have read this Policy and agree that you are bound by its terms and conditions, and accept them. You consent that Tireland uses your personal information in the manner and for the purposes set out herein.